The Domestic Violence Resource Service (Mackay & Region) and the Mackay Women’s Sexual Assault Service provide a range of free counselling and support services for women in Mackay and district whose lives have been affected by domestic and family violence or sexual assault. The service also provides free counselling for children affect by domestic and family violence.
The service is an incorporated, non-government, community-based organisation, governed by a local board which is elected annually.
You can download a copy of the Domestic Violence Resource Service Constitution, which contains information on funds and accounts, bylaws, functions of the board, membership, alteration of rules and more.
- Bridget Mather – Chair Person
- Karen Beckham – Deputy Chair
- Roxanne Birse – Secretary
- Belinda Hassan – Treasurer
- Amanda Lavarack – Board Member
- Bronwyn Green – Board Member
- Meredith Papas – Board Member
- Lara Tom – Board Member
- Jordana Abela – Board Member
- Rhiannon Minniecon – Board Member
- Molly Elliot – Board Member
- Anne Butcher – Board Member
Application forms for those wishing to become financial members (or those members wishing to continue membership) can be downloaded by clicking on the link below: