The Domestic Violence Resource Service (Mackay & Region) can help your workplace with consultation, information and short non-accredited training sessions regarding domestic and family violence policies and practices.
Training can cover topics such as:
- how to recognise if a staff member is experiencing domestic and family violence.
- how to have conversations with staff regarding domestic violence.
- how to support staff members experiencing domestic violence.
- promoting healthy workplace culture.
- promoting anti-bullying in the workplace.
We can also help your workplace to develop policies surrounding domestic and family violence.
This can be particularly helpful for businesses applying for Queensland State Government tenders, as the Government now takes in account workplace policies and practices around domestic and family violence, as part of their procurement evaluation and selection criteria. The government now asks potential suppliers to detail their workplace strategies, policies and practices that help to end and prevent domestic and family violence and support employees affected by it.
This training is offered on a fee-for-service basis.